mercoledì 23 novembre 2016

Anakis Fear

Tiefling Warlock
Hermit

When I was a child I knew that I was different, I could see that I was different; it was not only my physical aspect (that was clear, evident to everybody) but was something else inside me and I soon found out what it was. Someone had a plan for me. I was always eager of knowledge because knowledge means power and power means respect. I found in the Zhentarim those values and I put myself at their service. They needed someone to take care of an ancient ruin far from civilization under which it was buried a secret library full of ancient tomes. I offered myself to do this job and in exchange they allowed me to spend all the time I wanted into the library studying from the tomes. Solitude and contemplation are paths toward power. It was while I was reading an old book about The Nine Hells (of Baator) written in Infernal that I discovered a small piece of a page of another book hidden in the cover: this piece looked like belonging to an even older book and there was something written in it in a language I couldn't understand. I took this piece of paper with me planning to study it the next day and went to sleep. That night I had a dream. A huge flame was surrounding me but I was not burning, I felt comfortable in it. I heard an infernal voice telling me that he was Mephistopheles and that the piece of paper I discovered belonged to the *Book of Brimstone*, a book that only his closest worshipers possessed. He wanted to offer me a deal: he could give me magical and wondrous abilities and in exchange I had to serve him. My task was simple: to grow more and more powerful in order to be ready... ready for his coming in the Material Plane when he is going to bring pain and destruction!
The next morning I woke up, the piece of paper was not anymore in my pocket; instead my robes were burned where the piece of paper was, down to the flesh. When the wound healed it left a scar with a shape resembling that of a flame. It wasn't a dream.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento